Recipe by kamikazi
creamed chicken pieces with vegetables served with rice or marshed potatoes
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made a couple of changes when making this, one of them minor & perhaps the other a major one, depending on how much you like mushrooms! I don't, if they're cooked, so left them out, & then bought a BBQ chicken from the deli & shredded the meat before adding it! Still, we had a very satisfying chicken dish, & one I'd be happy to make again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium chopped red onions
- 3 cups button mushrooms
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 cups wedged carrots
- 3 cups cauliflower
Directions See How It's Made
- cut the chicken into 8 pieces. sprinkle salt and pepper, toss it in butter and fry for about 4-5 mins or until it turns golden brown on all sides.
- remove and set aside. add onions and fry till soft and light, add in the vegetables. fry for about 3-4 mins or until soft, add wine and simmer slowly.
- add chicken pieces, milk and little water. make a paste of cornflower and little water. pour to the sauce to thicken.
- simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- serve with rice or mashed potatoes.