Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
creamed chicken pieces with vegetables served with rice or marshed potatoes
Make and share this Creamed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- cut the chicken into 8 pieces. sprinkle salt and pepper, toss it in butter and fry for about 4-5 mins or until it turns golden brown on all sides.
- remove and set aside. add onions and fry till soft and light, add in the vegetables. fry for about 3-4 mins or until soft, add wine and simmer slowly.
- add chicken pieces, milk and little water. make a paste of cornflower and little water. pour to the sauce to thicken.
- simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Made a couple of changes when making this, one of them minor & perhaps the other a major one, depending on how much you like mushrooms! I don't, if they're cooked, so left them out, & then bought a BBQ chicken from the deli & shredded the meat before adding it! Still, we had a very satisfying chicken dish, & one I'd be happy to make again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]