Recipe by MarraMamba
I found this on chef2chef (posted by dnelson) and it sounds delicious. Haven't tried it yet. Prep time does not include soaking mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces morels, dried
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 yellow squash, crookneck, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, coarse chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, small dice for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the dried mushrooms. Cover and remove from heat. Allow mushrooms to soak for 45 minutes. Drain the softened mushroom and reserve the liquid. Cut the mushrooms into ¼ inch slices and rinse them under cool running water to remove and dirt particles.
- Combine butter, squash, onion, garlic, bouillon cubes, spices and 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour cooked squash mixture into a blender and puree (carefully if hot). The mixture will be thick. Add heavy cream and ½ cup of the reserved mushroom liquid to the mixture and blend inches.
- Add the sliced morels and the red bell peppers.