Recipe by cherber
I got the recipe for this cream soup from a book entitled "Soup: superb ways with a classic dish", edited by Debra Mayhew. Its a great book with some interesting international style recipes. This recipe for walnut cream sounded good, so I decided to try it out. It was great!
Top Review by mholland20
This is fantastic! I'm not a big cauliflower fan but have recently had to go to a low carb diet. My sister made this soup and it was WONDERFUL! To me it tastes like potatoe soup, even with the same consistency. Not what I was expecting from cauliflower. HIGHLY recommend.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped walnuts, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the cauliflower and break into small pieces.
- Combine the cauliflower, onion and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Add the milk and walnut pieces, then puree in a blender until smooth.
- Add soup back to the pot and season with the salt and pepper to taste. Bring once again to a boil. When serving, sprinkle each serving with paprika and chopped walnuts.