1/1 Photo of Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup
Not sure where it came from originally, but it's a great way to use some of those tomatos from the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe plum tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- sugar, if needed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2Halve tomatoes lengthwise and lay them cut sides down in a jelly-roll pan.
- 3Brush generously with 3 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with garlic, oregano, basil, and pepper.
- 4Roast tomatoes until their edges are charred, about 15 to 20.
- 5Scrape tomatoes, oil, and herbs from pan into food processor.
- 6Process until not quite smooth (leaving small chunks and charred black specks).
- 7In a saucepan cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil until translucent.
- 8Whisk in roasted tomato puree, broth, and wine.
- 9Then whisk tomato paste.
- 10Heat the cream and whisk in to the tomato mixture.
- 11Taste and add sugar if necessary.
- 12Stir in optional Parmesan.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste and bring soup to a simmer.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 514.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: