Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on another site, going on my 'have-to-try' list!
Make and share this Cream of Quinoa Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- veggie nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 ounces mushrooms, wiped clean and finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Heat a medium saucepan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook the shallots until tender.
- Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. (If the mushrooms begin to stick to the bottom of the pan, then add some broth. )
- Add the quinoa and broth and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in non-fat evaporated milk (or milk substitute).
- Bring back up to a simmer, remove from heat and stir in the dill.
What a nice surprise this recipe was. I had a cup of cooked quinoa left over from another recipe and was looking for something to use it in and decided to try this soup. Both my husband and myself enjoyed it very much. I particularly enjoyed the fresh taste of the dill. Thank you for posting.