Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a subtle, rich soup that can be an ellegant starter for a dinner party . From the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley,Utah.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts rich chicken broth
- 1 small baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks, sliced (white part and 2 inches of green)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- toasted sliced almonds (garnish)
- Combine stock and potato in heavy medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus and leeks;simmer until tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Strain back into clean saucepan.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer,stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with toasted almond slices and serve.