Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a subtle, rich soup that can be an ellegant starter for a dinner party . From the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley,Utah.
- Combine stock and potato in heavy medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus and leeks;simmer until tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Strain back into clean saucepan.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer,stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with toasted almond slices and serve.