- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional) or 3 tablespoons cooking sherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add flour, Old Bay and parsley; whisk until well blended.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add milk. Bring just to boil.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sherry, if desired. Heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional Old Bay, if desired.