1 hr 20 mins
scooter the bear's Note:
Easy, hearty, tasty, my family loves this soup. I'm not sure where I got it anymore, but the copy I have says, "thanks to Curtis Aikens"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make up your vegetable broth. I usually use 6 cups of boiling water, 1 pkg of onion soup mix and 1 extra large vegetable boullion cube (that does 2 cups of broth, like Knorr.).
- 2In a small saucepan, add 1 cup celery, 1 cup carrots and 1 cup vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute until clear. Whisking, add flour, cook 2 minutes making sure flour does not brown.
- 4Add 5 cups vegetable broth and continue to whisk well until mixture boils.
- 5Add uncooked 1 cup celery and 1 cup carrots. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- 6When cooked, use a slotted spoon to strain out much of the vegetables, put in blender with a cup or two of the stock and puree (my family likes a bit extra of the vegetables to remain unblended to add to the heartiness, but original recipe said run through a fine sieve and blend all the vegetables.).
- 7Stir puree back into the pot with the liquid. Stir in the reserved vegetables and fat-free evaporated milk (original recipe asked for 1 cup heavy cream.).
- 8Heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Celery Soup
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 983.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: