Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cream soup without the cream.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, onion, potatoes, broth, chives& lemon zest to the boil over med-high heat.
- Cover,& reduce to med-low& simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup with food processor or immersion blender.
- Return to pot, season with salt& pepper,& top individual servings with some minced chives.
Yum! Was good - tasted like broccoli! :)
This is soup is very easy and delicious--even my 2-year-old ate it, and he has broccoli issues. I have two comments. One is, in my pot 4c of broth didn't begin to cover everything, so I boiled with water first, drained it, then added broth to the pureed soup. I ended up using about 2c of broth. The other comment is that boiling broccoli leeches out a lot of antioxidants, so I would recommend steaming it separately. I served the soup with shredded pepperjack cheese on top. Will definitely make it again!