Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very healthy, basic yet filling soup. Ready in 15 minutes.
Make and share this Cream of Avocado Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 avocados
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 6 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, cut into half an inch cubes
- Cut avocadoes all around the seed,twist and remove giant seed.
- Crush them with fork in bowl or with handy chopper til it's smooth.
- In medium size pot melt butter and add chilli peppers along with garlic powder and onion powder. Stir about half of minute.
- Put milk in and avocado paste. Whisk til totally smooth and heated thru.
- Take off burner just before starting to bubble. Do not boil.
- For last step, add the cheese pieces and serve.
I liked this recipe, but I made some adjustments because I thought it was bland. I doubled the onion powder, added garlic powder (the ingredients said garlic salt, but not garlic powder, which was in the directions...) and pepper and used more cheese.