Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a forgotten recipe in Private Recipes folder. I vaguely remember working on it a year or so ago! I tried it out again this morning, and it's very good if I do say so myself. I use Splenda and low fat ingredients and am posting it that way for the nutritional info, but feel free to use regular ingredients if you desire. This makes two loaves so you can eat one and give one away or freeze for later use. When I made it this morning, I made a loaf and 10 muffins. Because I was using it as a breakfast bread I left out the brown sugar to make it less sweet. For a sweeter, snack type bread, make as written. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greas and flour 2 9x5 loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating constantly until combined.
- Fold in nuts and zucchini.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out.
I made 1 loaf and 10 cupcakes. They were all quite tasty but next time i'll add a little more cinnamon/nutmeg. The cupcakes took about 25 minutes to bake.
Very delicious! I would add a little sugar/cinnamon/nut topping just for fun next time.