- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (may increase to 1 tsp.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Don't flatten. (I use parchment paper.).
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops are cracked and just turning light brown.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet before transferring to rack or waxed paper to cool completely.