Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite sugar cookie recipe! I used 1/2 tsp. almond extract and spooned the dough out using a small cookie scoop. These are delectable!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Don't flatten. (I use parchment paper.).
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops are cracked and just turning light brown.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet before transferring to rack or waxed paper to cool completely.
Wow! Amazing texture and flavor! These cookies are lightly crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and have a sweet buttery flavor! I love the hint of almond flavor. Preparation was so EASY without having to roll out the dough! They're like miniature versions of Mrs. Field's sugar cookies. I beat (cold) butter and cream cheese very well in a Kitchen Aid mixer and beat in the sugar slowly; they cooked with a perfect light color and cracked beautifully. The only thing I did different was to gently roll each dough ball in course sugar before baking (I tried sprinkling it on at first but it just fell off). I prefer having course sugar on top of sugar cookies. I will definitely make these again! Thank you for sharing this tasty recipe!
I just took the first tray out and had a taste. WOW!!! These are great!! I am making these to send to friends and I may be making another batch for me to eat.
This is the perfect soft sugar cookie!!! All four children and my husband loved these cookies. Husband said they were better than the soft sugar cookies from the bakery. I used 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and no almond extract. Will be making these again & again.