Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite sugar cookie recipe! I used 1/2 tsp. almond extract and spooned the dough out using a small cookie scoop. These are delectable!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (may increase to 1 tsp.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Don't flatten. (I use parchment paper.).
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops are cracked and just turning light brown.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet before transferring to rack or waxed paper to cool completely.
This is an awesome recipe, I snuck a mini Snickers in the middle. Rolled the in blue sugar. Amazing!!
Wow! Amazing texture and flavor! These cookies are lightly crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and have a sweet buttery flavor! I love the hint of almond flavor. Preparation was so EASY without having to roll out the dough! They're like miniature versions of Mrs. Field's sugar cookies. I beat (cold) butter and cream cheese very well in a Kitchen Aid mixer and beat in the sugar slowly; they cooked with a perfect light color and cracked beautifully. The only thing I did different was to gently roll each dough ball in course sugar before baking (I tried sprinkling it on at first but it just fell off). I prefer having course sugar on top of sugar cookies. I will definitely make these again! Thank you for sharing this tasty recipe!
I just took the first tray out and had a taste. WOW!!! These are great!! I am making these to send to friends and I may be making another batch for me to eat.