My favorite sugar cookie recipe! I used 1/2 tsp. almond extract and spooned the dough out using a small cookie scoop. These are delectable!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Don't flatten. (I use parchment paper.).
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops are cracked and just turning light brown.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet before transferring to rack or waxed paper to cool completely.