Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my favorite recipe to bring to appetizer parties. It is so yummy when spread on some crusty french bread. I guarantee all of your guests will love it and you'll come home with a plate that was scraped clean!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Mix cream cheese with Italian seasonings.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on a pie plate or shallow dinner plate.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of both the parmesan cheese and the mozarella cheese on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top of the pizza sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- (It will be hot!) Serve it with crusty french bread or crackers.
- Tip: You can double this recipe and put it in a glass casserole dish for parties.
Ok, I must admit, I was kinda skeptical with this one, but decided to give it a try. I didn't have mozzarella, so I used mexican blend. It was so good. I served it with Warm Pita Chips and everyone loved it. I had some left over italian dressing powder so that is what I used in the cream cheese, and I am glad that I did. It was just the right amount of tangy and yummy. Thanks for sharing!!
I made this for a Halloween gathering that I held last night. It went down very well for the really little effort that went into preparing it. As others suggested, I added 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and that worked very well. I served it with Ritz crackers and home made garlic bread. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I made this for our ladies poker group and we all loved it! I added some chopped pepperoni and I think I will bake it next time as the edges got hard from microwaving. Thanks!