1/13 Photos of Cream Cheese & Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This is a versatile recipe using your favorite herb with cream cheese, sandwiched in a chicken breast half, then breaded and baked for 30 minutes. Presto, quick and delicious dinner! I like oregano; sage or basil are other possibilities. Try 'em all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (not the monstrous ones, the "halved" ones)
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 4 tablespoons fresh sage or 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs (like Progresso)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degres F.
- 2Flatten open chicken breasts; spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on one half of each breast (resist the temptation to use more-- a little cream cheese goes a looooooong way!).
- 3Evenly distribute the fresh herbs on top of that and season with salt and pepper.
- 4"Fold"the chicken breasts back up and press tightly, tucking in cream cheese a bit.
- 5In a shallow dish, combine the 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper, paprika and flour.
- 6In another dish, pour the beaten egg mixture.
- 7In a third dish, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- 8First dip chicken breasts in flour mixture, then beaten egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- 9Place chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet, drizzle about a tablespoon of melted butter on each breast and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese & Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 226.0 mg
- Sodium 1197.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 38.8 g