1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese-Filled Light Brownies
The layer of cream cheese combined with the chocolate brownies makes them decadent. And you don't have to feel guilty eating them - they are light!! A winning recipe from Rose Reisman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g light cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml low-fat milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable spray.
- 2Make filling: in a food processor or bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Set it aside.
- 3Make the cake: in a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, sour cream, oil, whole egg and egg white. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, blending just until everything is mixed.
- 4Pour half the cake batter into a prepared dish. Spoon the filling on top; spread it with a wet knife. Pour the remaining batter into the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is just barey loose in the centre.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese-Filled Light Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 67.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g