Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spread uses only 3 ingredients and takes 5 minutes, but tastes decadent. Spread onto warm muffins, toast, bagels or English muffins.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (regular or light)
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 4 -6 tablespoons jam, any kind (I use half strawberry and half blackberry)
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until well mixed.
- Add jam to your taste.
- Do not overmix or it will separate like when you add eggs to butter.
I made this without the butter, it was delicious.<br/>I took the cream cheese right out of the fridge, and since I was too impatient to allow it to come to room temp, nuked it for about 40 seconds then added 3-4 T cherry jam and mixed with hand mixer. There were some small particles of cream cheese so I nuked it for about 20 seconds more, mixed again and it came out perfectly smooth.
This is very good. I used raspberry jam and it was so good. Perfect on bagels!
Very good. Just make sure you use unsalted butter.. eek!