Recipe by 2Bleu
One of New Orlean's best crawfish dishes. Serve over steamed rice.
Top Review by ArmyWife86
I thought it was good. It seemed like it was missing a little something though...I just haven't figured out what yet. It wasn't a pleaser with the Chicklets though, so I probably won't be making this again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and saute until the vegetables are wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add the crawfish, garlic, and bay leaves and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the crawfish for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve the flour in the water. Add the crawfish mixture and season with salt and cayenne. Stir until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and green onions and continue cooking for 2 minutes.