Recipe by Irmgard
This is a really delicious cake recipe that I clipped a few years ago from Homemakers Magazine. The sweet white chocolate is a nice contrast to the tart cranberries and orange.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Excellent pound cake and wonderful any time of the year. Have had it in my files for a long time and always turns out perfectly. If you really like orange flavor do add more orange rind. Highly recommend this recipe and thanks for submitting.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- orange slices or cranberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cake, grease and flour a 9" tube pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until light.
- Add the brown and granulated sugars, orange rind and vanilla.
- Continue beating until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the creamed mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, melt the white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- Unmold the cooled cake.
- Spoon the glaze over the top; let cool.
- Garnish the top of the cake with orange slices, or fill the centre with cranberries.