Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty on romaine.
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Put all ingredients, except the oil in a blender.
- Blend for a few seconds at high speed.
- Remove the cap in the center of the blender; place lid back on blender.
- With the blender running, SLOWLY add oil through the hole in the lid.
I've had lots of Zaar dressings and enjoyed them all. But I seldom repeat any as I want to "try them all." This one, however, will be repeated. It it really good. I did find it a bit too thick for my taste so I thinned it down with a bit of white wine. Perfect over a green salad. Thanks again Dancer^
Its hard to rate this one because it depends so much on what else you throw in the salad with it! Also I didn't have cardamom so I used yellow ginger. I made a salad with feta, red onions, and cashews and it was very good! great dressing for the Holidays! Update: Tasted better the day after I made it, the flavors mellowed a little. Got tons of compliments! Turkey tastes great in this salad too.
A nice replacement for store bought rasberry vingerette! I like it thick, I did double the vinegar and omit the sugar. Bravo!