Recipe by Marz
From Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine. Instead of regular blueberry this recipe calls for cranberries. Yummy scone recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more
- all-purpose flour, for work surface
- 5 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half, plus
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup halved cranberries, drained on paper towels
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently, 5 to 10 times. Pat into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Brush tops with remaining tablespoon half-and-half; sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar. I actually use a sprayed scone pan, where the triangles are already divided. To me it is easier.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.