Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
a variation on the traditional cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1⁄2-1 cup water or 1⁄2-1 cup juice
- 1 small orange (or 2 mini oranges)
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar (to taste) or 1⁄2-1 cup sugar substitute (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts or 1 cup applesauce
- Bring 3/4 package of cranberries to a boil in small sauce pan with water (or juice). Add honey and apple sauce (thickens the sauce). Add sugar or substitute to taste (1/2 c to 1 c). Simmer for 10 min until most berries pop open (more or less time depending on the texture you prefer).
- While simmering, combine the remaining cranberries with the orange, including peel, in food processor. Add sugar to taste (2 to 4 tblspn).
- Add orange/cran mix to simmering cranberries. Remove from heat, add chopped nuts if desired.
- This goes great with the sweet potato biscuits!