Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A homemade sauce bursting with flavor for your holiday tradition.
- Wash and pick over the cranberries. Place in a large saucepan and cover with boiling water.
- As soon as water begins to boil again cover with a lid. Boil 3-4 minute or till skin bursts.
- Put through a strainer or ricer.
- Add in the 2c. sugar. Place over heat and bring to a rolling boil; remove from heat at once.
- To make jelly: boil about 5 min., skim, then pour into a wet mold.
- Variation:Spice it up: add a 2" stick cinnamon, 2 whole cloves & 1/4 teaspoons salt to water.
- **Cook times may vary based on the ripeness of the berry. Very ripe berries may require a few more minutes cooking.