Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the cookbook "The Salsa Book", ISBN 0-9612150-8-9. Although it calls for 1 Jalapeno or Serrano chile, as with every recipe I post, if you don't have the specific chile it calls for you can substitute with whatever type you have.However, if substituting with Habanero(s), I would add the chile after cooking, since I've found cooking Habanero(s) destroys the fruity aroma. This make a good alternative to cranberry sauce.
- 4 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 2 small dried red chilies, crushed (any type)
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano chili, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (any type)
- Using a food processor, chop the cranberries coarsely.
- Toward the end processing, add the chopped onion and chop.
- Simmer everything together for 10 minutes. Do not overcook to retain good texture.
- If desired, chill the salsa down.