Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Stop and Shop Groceries.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (green onion)
- To prepare cranberries, in a medium saucepan cover cranberries with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 2 minutes or until cranberries start to pop. Drain well. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lime juice. Add cranberries and stir gently. Add garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and scallions. Season to taste with salt. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
A *big* hit for our Christmas Eve feast. One thing I feel compelled to point out that unless you allow the cranberries to cool [completely], you will end up with a chutney-like sauce and not fresh salsa. The cook should allow ample time for the cranberries to cool to room temperature before adding the remaining ingredients. The cilantro in essence "cooked". However, the taste was amazing. I suppose you can choose whether you want a cooked salsa or a fresh one and leave it at that. Will make again though. Thanks for posting!