Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lively flavors and a Southwest tang...perfect for any kind of meat, but particularly appropriate for turkey. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From our local paper.
- 12 ounces cranberries, washed (either fresh or frozen)
- 4 -5 medium green onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (use gloves when handling hot peppers)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2 -3 drops hot sauce (Tabasco)
- Place the cranberries in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the cranberries to a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Com ine the scallions, cilantro, mint, jalapeños and orange zest in the food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to the same bowl with the cranberries and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, orange and lime juices, and hot sauce.
- Pour the mixture over the salsa and toss to combine.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.