Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 cup grated lemon, rind of
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Cook over med-low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat and boil until cranberries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled.
I found this recipe on another website and made it yesterday. OMG! Sooooo good! It's such a beautiful ruby color and tastes absolutely divine. The ginger adds a nice little zip (I don't think I added a whole cup - I didn't measure), the lemon a wonderful brightness. Fabulous recipe, I'm thinking of making a bunch and preserving it to have on hand all the time!
This was the first year I made my own relish. It was easier than I thought it would be and turned out fabulous! The ginger was a little strong for some, but I LOVED it. My husband is a big fan of Rhubarb and he really enjoyed it. I used it as spread on my toast afterwards and I will definately make again. I might cut out the ginger next year.