Homemade Cucumber Relish
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Combine cucumbers, celery, onion and peppers in a large bowl; add salt and water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large kettle; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation