Grandma's Rhubarb Relish
Our family favorite on cold beef or pork. Grandma used to make jars and jars of it every year. I am posting her recipe as she wrote it out. I make mine in my slow cooker now. Grandma never put a cooking time in her instructions but it is a time consuming recipe but well worth the effort.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 quart rhubarb
- 1 quart onion
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 pint vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Chop rhubarb and onions in small pieces.
- Add sugar, vinegar and spices.
- Boil till tender over medium heat.
- Stirring every few minutes so it doesn't stick to bottom of pot.
- Seal hot in sterilized jars and process for 15 minutes in a canner. Label jars.
- Cooking time is a guesstimate. Cook until rhubarb and onions are very soft.