Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet but zesty salad with a unique twist of carmelized pecans. Try serving for brunch along with "Baked French Toast" and "Bacon and Onion Quiche"
- 1 (7 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 4 ounces of montrachet goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) bag pecans
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jam or 1 tablespoon jelly (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄8 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Start by carmelizing pecans.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add brown sugar and stir unti mixture bubbles and doesn't appear to greasy or too dry.
- Add pecans, stir and cook until well coated.
- Place on cookie sheet to dry and cool.
- Prepare the salad dressing.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Add jam, orange juice and ginger.
- Put greens, cranberries, cheese and carmelized pecans in a salad bowl.
- Toss with salad dressing and serve immediately.
- Try serving for brunch along with"Baked French Toast" and"Bacon and Onion Quiche".
Lovely salad! The brown sugar on the pecans was great - I didn't even use the butter and carmelized with just a few tablespoons of the brown sugar. Thanks for posting!
This salad is totally awesome! I had it twice in a three day period.
This salad is so good! I used monteray cheese instead of goat cheese and used homemade rasberry jam in the dressing. I did add a 2 tablespoons of sugar just because I thought it needed to be a little sweeter. Just personal preference. Thanks for a great salad!