Recipe by Lady in love :)
I wanted to try something different last Christmas, and a friend had me try this. It is amazing !!! I made a double batch after the first and froze it in dinner portions. Just thaw and serve as a side any time ! Adults and kids love it ! Great mix of sweet and sour and nutty.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole oranges or 3 small tangerines
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (drained )
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cranberries and set aside.
- Wash the orange, remove seeds, and chop fine peel and all ! set aside.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Add cranberries, orange or tangerines, and cloves.
- Simmer over a high flame, stirring frequently, until berries pop.
- Add crushed drained pineapple, chopped walnuts, and a pinch of ground cinnamon and blend.
- Cool and serve.
- Makes approx 2 pints.