Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was made on The Barefoot Contessa's episode entitled "Holiday Surprise".
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup medium-diced calimyrna fig
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Stir quickly just to combine.
- Add the cranberries, figs, hazelnuts, and both sugars and stir just to distribute the fruits, nuts, and sugar evenly throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned on the top and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.