Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so delicious with turkey or pork. I strongly suggest to double or even triple the recipe. Plan ahead, this needs to chill overnight before using. This can be prepared up to a week in advance. Although I have only made this using fresh cranberries, I would think that frozen would work also.
Top Review by ladypit
Yummy chutney! I used candied ginger for the ginger, cut up the apricots, and used golden raisins insted of currants. It had a lovely taste and was very nice for Thanksgiving. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 16 dried apricots
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 -3 tablespoons cranberry juice cocktail (I use Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail for this)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper