Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I was looking for something yummy and easy to make for a dinner party. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook. My guests devoured it! In place on fresh cranberries you can use frozen or dried as well.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 -8 chicken breasts or 6 -8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In slow cooker, combine first five ingredients, and top with chicken.
- Pour orange juice over chicken and top with orange peel. (if using dried cranberries add 1/4cup orange juice).
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done according to a meat thermometer.
- Remove chicken from cooker and cut into chunks. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine flour and butter until smooth, and add to slow cooker. Cook on high until thickened, about 20 minute
- Add chicken and brown sugar to slow cooker and heat through.
- Serve over cooked noodles.