Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from CooksRecipes.com. I was using up pantry items - cranberries and cornmeal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until well mixed.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Shape rounded teaspoons into balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flattening slightly.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.