These are really good cookies. They could be made with margarine, but are MUCH better made with BUTTER.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix softened BUTTER and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, Baking Powder, salt and flour.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made these last night...they are so easy and taste great! Subsituted Splenda blend for sugar and used margarine(all I had). I messed up on the flour...lol. I wasn't paying attention and used a 1/3 cup measuring cup intead of 1/2 cup. So I wound up only using 1 cup of flour instead of 1 1/2...I liked these better myself. The second batch I got it right and substituted almond for vanilla just to see how they would turn out. DH said the second batch reminded him of a cookie he had as a child in Cuba! When I got home today the cookie jar was empty. Thanks for posting!!