Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A yummy variation on a classic recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat margarine, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and whites.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats, and vanilla, then chocolate chips, and cranberries - It will be very thick. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.