Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by WildLightning
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar and regular sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, ground flax seeds, eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the dough, mixing as you go.
- Continue stirring, and mix in the quick oats, chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Plop the dough onto a cookie sheet in your desired size. Bake 15-17 minutes. Large cookies will take longer to bake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a born and raised city girl who moved to a small town, and love it! I now live in Lexington KY, and I am trying to adjust back to the larger town feel. One good thing...more restaurants! I love to cook, and learned from my father, who passed away 4 years ago. He cooked by throwing things together, and it always tasted great. I love to experiment in the kitchen, and am thrilled when my husband calls me a good cook. Really, I just love to do it!