Recipe by * Pamela *
Adapted from Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals by J. Pare.
Top Review by Maple
This was an unusual combination of flavours, but very tasty. I used it because I didnt have to shop for ingredients -- I used home-made chili sauce, made 'jelly' from fresh whole cranberries & sugar. The taste is good -- but I couldnt resist putting in about a half tsp. of Chinese 5-Spice to pep it up. The vinegar gives a slight tart taste, similar to sweet & sour sauce. Served it over aged basmati rice. Very good recipe, I doubt kids would like it, but it's on my "quick meal" list. Thank you for posting it.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup cranberry jelly
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all four ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Mix well and simmer until warmed through.
- Pour over cooked meatballs or heat meatballs in sauce.
- To freeze: Double or triple sauce and divide into 3 cup containers or freezer bags. Label and freeze for up to 3 months; Defrost in fridge overnight or in microwave; add cooked meatballs and cook or bake until heated through.