Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a saucy alternative to the fried recipe. It's good, too! Can be doubled, tripled, etc. I always serve this with rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, lightly brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Transfer breasts to a shallow baking dish.
- In saucepan mix together cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and fresh lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat till cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 45 minutes, or until fork can be inserted with ease.
We liked the flavours. Cut the cranberry & chili sauce back abit and it was just enough sauce when serving over rice. Very tasty sweet & sour chicken.
This was OK. I've made this same sauce with frozen meatballs in the crockpot which I like a whole lot better than with chicken. Just seems to taste better with the meatballs than with chicken.
Wow Chef PotPie what a winner! I made this with bone-in chicken thighs. They were frozen so I threw them in the crock pot for an hour on high and then I said what the heck and threw in the sauce and let all that cook for an hour. Then changed my mind and decided to throw it in the oven and WOW!! !YUM YUM YUM! Sooo ridiculously good!! Thanks for posting such a winner!