Recipe by Marc Peters
Got this from a Cooking Light. Tastes very good, would feel comfortable taking this to a family gathering or pot luck made as is - doesn't TASTE like a light recipe!
- 3 cups cranberries
- 2 cups pitted frozen cherries, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat fruit.
- Spoon cranberry mixture into an 8" pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine almonds and next 7 ingredients (Through extract).
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.