Recipe by BeckyF
This makes a very colorful and tasty side dish.
Top Review by Bergy
I love the cranberry/orange rind/ cinnamon combination with the carrots. I used 1/4 cup craisins steeped in a couple of tblsp of white wine (for about an hour). ( I didn't have cranberry sauce at home} - worked well. The flavor of the carrot comes through beautifully but has added subtle flavors Thanks, this is definately a do again recipe
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons light margarine or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and water in a microwave container.
- Cover and cook on high until just tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same container, melt the cranberry sauce and margarine on 80% power.
- Add the seasonings.
- Pour sauce over carrots and mix well.
- Serve warm.