Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a very colorful and tasty side dish.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons light margarine or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind
- Place carrots and water in a microwave container.
- Cover and cook on high until just tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same container, melt the cranberry sauce and margarine on 80% power.
- Add the seasonings.
- Pour sauce over carrots and mix well.
- Serve warm.
I love the cranberry/orange rind/ cinnamon combination with the carrots. I used 1/4 cup craisins steeped in a couple of tblsp of white wine (for about an hour). ( I didn't have cranberry sauce at home} - worked well. The flavor of the carrot comes through beautifully but has added subtle flavors Thanks, this is definately a do again recipe
It was my turn to make Christmas dinner last year. I picked this dish as one of my veggie dishes and to begin with the whole entire family was hesitant to take any but they all did. It was the only thing left on the plates after dinner. Unfortunately it was not a hit with my family. It was easy and inventive though
this is awesome and easy I subbed butter for margarine and used orange extract instead of rind I think perhaps I might try this with sage too at some point