Cranberry & Caramelized Onion Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions & sugar. Cook & stir for 5 minutes or until onions are well browned. Reduce heat to low. Add ¼ cup water to pan and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions are tender. Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining butter in same pan. Cook celery and thyme for 5 minutes or until celery is tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Add caramelized onions, Craisins, pouches of stuffing crumbs and seasoning packets. Stir in 2 cups hot water.
- Spoon into 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until heated through. Makes about 8 cups.