Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one came from an old school cook book. Really good bread. Great for bake sales and gifts. You can add Cool Whip for a dessert, or slice it for a really interesting sandwich.
- In a bowl, sift the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Mix the next 4 ingredients together in another bowl.
- Fold flour mixture with orange juice mixture, then stir in bananas, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- *Note: I haven't made this bread in quite awhile and for some reason my recipe doesn't have the bake time written down, so I'm going by the bake time on a banana bread and a cranberry bread.
- I suggest checking at 30 minutes to be on the safe side.
I have to say I decided to make this just from the photo alone, and Mmm Mmm Mmm did it ever turn out WONDERFUL! I will keep this in my Favorites file for sure.:o) Well--I don't know how many of you are out there...when I found this website it looked as if the last "reviews" were over a year ago mostly...I hope people still come here and rate, and share, cause I'm having a ball with this. It's fun to not only make a recipe but to have so many of you rate the things I want to make.. Feels like a little cooking family !! Well...more baking and cooking to do!! :o)
This recipe was wonderful! I couldn't resist cutting into it about 10 minutes after it was out of the oven. I'd like to see it have just a little more orange flavor, though. Maybe some zest next time, to give it just a little more oomph! Edited to add... my apologies! After coming back here again I realized I left my comment on the wrong recipe! Seeing others mention "vinegar" made me wonder WTH??? I used a different recipe than this one! Sorry!
delicious!! I used splenda instead of sugar and only 2 cups. two more bananas just because they were too ripe. Loved the texture and flavor. Have used vinegar in blueberry muffin recipe don't know what it does but will continue to use in recipe.