I love pumpkin and this is a really good bread. Great for bake sales, food gifts. Slice and add a little cream cheese for parties.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin (cooked fresh or canned)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, and nuts together.
- Combine mixtures and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and cool on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is close to my mom's, which she lost a few years ago. This bread is more bread than cake, which is just how it should be. I altered it by halving the sugar and subbing in dark brown sugar. Also, omitted the cinnamon, and subbed in 3/4 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. The loaves did have to bake for 70 mins. Made two batches, one batch with 1 1/2 cups mix of walnuts/pecans, one batch without nuts. Both turned out great! So glad to have found this recipe.Reply
see 48 more