A glass of cranberry-infused chilled tea is a flavour sensation and the ultimate thirst-quencher on a hot summer's day Time to prepare doesn't include 24 hours for ice cubes
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove the white pith from the rind.
- Place the rind and tea bags in a large heatproof jug. Pour over the water. Set aside for 20 minutes to infuse.
- Remove the tea bags and rind, and discard. Add the cranberry juice and sugar to the jug, and stir to combine.
- Cut half the orange flesh into small pieces and divide among 2 ice cube trays. Pour the tea mixture among the trays. Place in the freezer overnight. Cover the remaining tea mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Remove the ice cubes from the trays and place in a serving jug. Pour over the tea mixture and serve.
- Time plan tip: Prepare this recipe to the end of step 4 up to 1 day ahead. Continue from step 5 just before serving. Picnic tip: Divide the ice cubes and tea among airtight bottles or jugs. Transport in your esky.
Lovely refreshing tea, will be making again. Thank You. Made for ZWT8
This was good but I wasn't sure if it was cran cocktail or juice so I used real "Just Cranberry" juice... needed a little extra sugar but yummy! Made for ZWT 8
10 stars! Hey, I almost forgot. Do you have something to go along with this. It's almost lunch time. Made for ZWT#8~AU/NZ.