Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw these in the freezer section at the store and decided to try making these on my own. They turned out great!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/8-inch thick)
- 1 cup cornbread (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 lb butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put water and cranberry sauce in saucepan. Melt over medium/low heat. Whisk if needed to blend.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium/low heat. Once melted, add cranberries and cook until popping.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and cornbread to sauté pan. Mix together.
- Cover a pan with aluminum foil. Place chicken breasts flat. Place a scoop of stuffing mixture in the middle of each breast. Wrap chicken and hold closed with toothpicks.
- Pour 1/2 melted cranberry sauce over chicken.
- Cook in oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- When finished, take out toothpicks. It's easier to pull them out if they are twisted first.
- If desired, pour rest of cranberry sauce over cooked chicken and return to oven until sauce is heated.
Oh wow, this was so yummy! I made a few modifications - I used one cup of panko that I soaked in ~3/4 cup of whole milk in place of the cornbread since I didn't have the time to make any, and I was worried about using a full Tbs of sage and thyme so I used a teaspoon of each and it was plenty for us. I also added about a Tbs of shredded sharp cheddar on top of each breast before I rolled it up. The cheese put it over the top! I absolutely loved this and am adding it to my recipe rotation. Next time I'll try to pound the breasts even thinner to aid in rolling, and add more cranberries because they were delightful and it would be nice to cook them along side with some sweet potatoes. Thanks Scarlett! ETA: I made these again and tried to make my own cranberry sauce - but it was a major fail. I quartered the recipe to use up the other 1/2 cup of cranberries from the pckg and then reduced the syrup too far. I think I might try making my own again, but using a whole recipe for sauce.
Great recipe for chicken breasts! Made as posted with excellent results. Delicious and very appealing served on a white platter - definitely a company quality meal. One that has been added to my Favorites Collection.
ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I used a homemade cornbread for this, then followed the recipe right on down for a wonderful chicken breast dinner! Of course, I'm a big fan of these berries, so that helps! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Canada with the Zaar World Tour 4]