Recipe by stormylee
Simple and oh so good - half-frozen, tart cranberries with hot, sweet caramel sauce. A typical Finnish Christmas dessert.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as part of a lunch when I knew company was coming & it was a big hit! What a wonderful new way for me to serve cranberries! This recipe will be made often during the up-coming winter months! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 300 g half-frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 100 ml granulated sugar
- 100 ml brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll cranberries in powdered sugar and divide between four serving bowls.
- To make sauce: Combine cream, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens slightly (do not let the sauce get too thick or it might harden into a lump when you pour it onto the cold cranberries!).
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla sugar.
- Pour hot sauce over cranberries. Serve immediately.