Recipe by cookiedog
Left over turkey? This is the $400 winner from the BH&G magazine November 2006. Prep time is an estimate.
Top Review by barefootmommawv
WoW! I really can't say that loud enough. I almost didn't make this because of the cranberry's but I'm so glad that I did. The flavors really dance on your taste buds. I will be making this again. Two thumbs up for me. Thanks for posting.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled salsa
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas or 8 whole flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl stir together turkey, half the cranberry sauce, beans, 1/2 cup of the salsa, 3/4 cup of the cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup filling on each tortilla. Roll up tortillas around filling. Place, seam sides down, in prepared dish; set aside.
- For sauce, in bowl stir together remaining cranberry sauce, remaining salsa, and hot pepper sauce. Spoon over filled tortillas. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and green onions.