Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a cake that tastes divine--it is truly beautiful when garnished with cranberries and orange peel.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Press the almonds in a greased 12-cup bundt pan.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box, but use 1 cup of orange juice in place of the water.
- Stir in cranberries and 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Bake for 35 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmold and brush with liqueur.
- Whisk together sugar, remaining juice, and zest; drizzle over cake.
- Garnish with cranberries and orange peel (if desired).