Top Review by geez70
Good meatloaf that actually held together... mine never do. I halved the recipe and it made 2 huge pans. The flavor was a little bland for my taste but this is for a crowd, not everyone has the same tastes. Otherwise this was a great recipe that I will be making from now on. The only changes I made were I added some dried basil and oregano, a little garlic powder and some onion powder.
- 10 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs onions, chopped ¼ inch dice
- 1 lb green bell pepper, diced small
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 quarts canned diced tomatoes
- 2 1⁄4 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a very large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in 3 loaf pans and press down with spoon.
- Bake at 300°F for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert each loaf over 8-inch wire rack to drain grease and juice.
- Spread ½ cup of ketchup over each loaf.
- For a delicious variation, use my Banana Ketchup – Recipezaar recipe ID# 24945.
- Cut into portions 5 to 6 ounces each and keep warm.